If you are looking to get your real estate license here is some information that is helpful. Getting your real estate license is a big commitment. You have responsibilities and fiduciary obligations. Many people thing real estate is an easy way to make money, 90% of the agents make less than 30k a year. Here are 5 things you should consider:
1) Am I getting a license to make a career change? If so how can I support my family or bills in the early stages of getting started?
2) Do you want to get your license to work part-time? Many agents start part-time thinking they will transition into it. With anything in life you need to give 100% to make anything work.
3) Are you looking to buy investment properties? This is a great way to get MLS data and inside information with use of having a license.
4) You have always wanted to sell homes. You should start with a large brokerage that will help and guide you through process and help you learn about the local market. Small companies cannot offer this service
5) Its easy money. Anything in life you work at 100% can be easy money of you are good at it. Focus on helping the customer needs and the money will follow.
Jeff Lundquist has been helping Minneapolis realtors become successful for the last 13 years. He sells Minneapolis homes for sale, Edina MN real estate, Eden Prairie MN real estate. His brokerage focus is on Minneapolis real estate.